Friday, April 2, 2010

Random Thoughts

Today has been quite productive on the natural food front. I went shopping with Laila after work today to restock on Omega 3's and probiotics. I also got a B-12 supplement after doing some research on why it's necessary in a vegan diet. This B-12 supplement is from plant sources (the same place the animals get it from). I also have switched from using Cod Liver Oil for Omega-3 to Flax Seed Oil. Far less saturated fat, plus it's fish-free. It tastes a bit better too, although our fish oil was lemon-flavored, the flax oil is a bit nuttier taste. Plus, the thought is a little less disgusting. At Target, I found Alicia Silverstone's book The Kind Diet (20% off!) and picked that up as well. More recipes! Plus a lot of valuable information.

And, as promised, I am watching "Food, Inc." I can barely put into words how this film is affecting me. I am so blessed to be able to afford/have access to wonderful, organic produce. I am also blessed by God with an open mind to expose myself to a lifestyle that is so foreign to most Americans. I cannot express how much I want people to SEE THIS MOVIE. It might change the way you think, it might not. But regardless if it changes the way you eat or the products you buy, it will plant a tiny seed of discomfort in the way that we are raised to eat in this country. I still have about a half an hour left in the movie, so I will leave this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment