Thursday, April 15, 2010

In the clear

It's been a promising week. I am heading out of town tomorrow to visit my best friends in Omaha, so I will be leaving Heath to fend for himself for a few days. I think he gets the jist of what to eat/not to eat, I think he'll do well. I have lost 5 pounds since the beginning of this, although I am not weighing myself frequently, nor counting calories. I can tell that my clothes are fitting better, and I feel amazing. With the exception of a little sore throat (everyone is sick around here!), I am feeling the benefits of the dairy free/meat free/processed food free diet. I no longer hit a wall around 3 in the afternoon, I feel generally well all day long. No cravings for junk. I have been sleeping better. My skin is super soft. My mind is clear and my tummy is happy.

New find: I did some research on Apple Cider Vinegar as a natural product for...just about everything! I was having some skin issues with the detox right after I went pure vegan, and was finding it hard to bounce back. I looked up some natural remedies, and have been using ACV for about a week now. I mix 1 part ACV with 3 parts water, put it in a container and soak a cotton ball in it. Then I apply to the affected areas of the skin. I leave it on overnight, or all day when I apply it in the morning. It cleared my skin up within a few days. Google ACV for more natural remedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment