Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm Back!

After a long weekend away from home, I am back. I ate vegetarian this weekend, NOT vegan. It shows. I came home exhausted, with headaches, tummy aches, and mood aches. I will be starting back pure vegan tomorrow. I am looking forward to feeling rejuvenated. I must have to make these mistakes in order to learn how my body reacts to things like refined sugars, small amounts of dairy, lack of fresh veggies.

I am starting a new fitness regime tomorrow, I will be setting my alarm for 5:30 am in order to run before getting ready for work. I want to take the last 5 pounds off before our trip to Cabo San Lucas in a month. I will keep updating work out progress. Maybe this will keep me motivated.

Fun update: I made Vegan Peanut Butter Cups tonight. I am bringing them to work tomorrow. I got the recipe from Alicia's book "The Kind Diet." I had to try one to make sure they were edible. :) They are amazing. I used carob chips that I bought at Whole Foods while I was in Omaha.

Speaking of Whole Foods: I know that there's some controversy about how organic and "whole"some they are, but I was very impressed with my visit there on Monday morning. I really wish we had something comparable to that in Sioux Falls, but I may just have to wait until we move somewhere a little more organic-friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Meg, just thought I'd drop by and see how things are going with you. Sorry you didn't feel well, but it's a journey, so don't be hard on yourself. PB cups are so good! :)

    ReplyDelete