Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update: Springing forward

Still going strong...Heath is on his own for a few days, he's out of town and it will be up to him to make his own meals and decisions. I did provide him with a shopping list, so he can go to the store and make his own food while he's staying with friends. He updated me yesterday that he has lost 5 pounds. I wish I could say that. It seems that my body is happy where it is...but I have some shorts from last spring that say otherwise. But I think the weight will come off, slowly.

For the curious, this is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Blueberry bagel with Smart Balance Light vegan butter. 8 oz oatmeal with raisins, apple, flax seed.

Lunch: 2 c. spinach, red pepper, sprouts, broccoli, balsamic vinaigrette dressing, 1 1/2 cups fruit salad with cinnamon

Snack: 2 handfuls of almonds with dried blueberries and cranberries

Dinner: leftover Pasta with Peanut Pesto (from last night-delish!!), 2 pieces sourdough bread

Weekend plans: to watch Food, Inc. I haven't seen it, but hear it's very interesting. I will bring further thoughts after I have seen it.

Link: I watched a very interesting clip of Alicia Silverstone talking about going vegan. It's short, here's the link.
http://fora.tv/2009/10/19/The_Kind_Diet_Alicia_Silverstone#chapter_05

New goal: to incorporate even more raw food into my diet. I am making the transition to 100% vegan, and want to eventually get to 50% raw. This will take some more experience/planning/research. I will keep you updated on this.

What does the Bible say about our bodies and nutrition? I will be looking for verses/passages on this topic. The first one that comes to mind is:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

No comments:

Post a Comment